Class of 2012 invited to campus block party June 24
BPC Athletic Director Sheila Simmons, left, speaks with a future BPC student and parent during the college’s last Preview Day. This Saturday’s Preview Day includes a block party, praise and worship led by Lyons First Baptist and is geared to local students (Vidalia, Toombs County, Claxton, Montgomery County, Jeff Davis and Wheeler County High Schools rising seniors). (Photo by Kim Cosnahan)
By Kelley M. Arnold
Director of News and Public Information
MOUNT VERNON—Brewton-Parker College will host a campus preview and block party for students from six area high schools Friday, June 24 on the Mount Vernon campus.
Invitations were sent to over 650 rising seniors from Vidalia, Toombs County, Claxton, Montgomery County, Jeff Davis and Wheeler County High Schools.
Friday is designed to give students a chance to familiarize themselves with what Brewton-Parker has to offer local students, meet with faculty, provide information on applying to college and financial aid, and enjoy a time of open recreation. The activities will wrap up with a time of praise and worship led by Jeff Scoggins and the First Baptist Church of Lyons Praise Band.
To ensure there is adequate food on hand for lunch, students and their families are urged to contact the college to sign up in advance. RSVP is no later than Wednesday, June 15 at 5 p.m. to Jennifer Blaylock at email@example.com or call 912-583-3210.
Below is the day’s schedule of events:
- 10:00 – 10:20 a.m. – Arrival and welcome [Gilder]
- 10:20 – 11:05 a.m. – Information Sessions (Admissions, Fin Aid) [Gilder]
- 11:05 – 11:30 a.m. – Mini Tour [Dorms, Jordan, Phillip’s SC]
- 11:30 a.m.– Noon – Faculty Forum [Fountain-New Library]
- Noon – 12:30 p.m. – Lunch [SAC]
- 12:30– 2:30 p.m. – Block Party Activities (Game Room, Pool, Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, Open Mic from 12:30pm – 1:30pm) [SAC]
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. – Praise and Worship (FBC Lyons) [SAC]
- 3:30 – 4:00 p.m. – Wrap-up and Information gathering [SAC]
Affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Convention, Brewton-Parker College is the only accredited four-year Christian college south of Macon and north of Jacksonville, Fla.
The mission of Brewton-Parker College, a Georgia Baptist college, is to develop the whole student through the application of Biblically-centered truth to a liberal arts curriculum in a community of shared Christian values.