The Durward V. Cason, Jr Memorial Fund - Georgia Baptist Convention
- African-American resident of Georgia
- Full-time ministerial student with a minimum grade point average of "C"
- Preparing for service as a pastor, missionary, or other church-related vocation such as minister of music, education or youth, chaplain, Christian social minister, or professional Christian counselor
- Active member and participant in a Baptist church affiliated with the appropriate state convention
- Active member and partipant in ministerial association or equivalent pre-professional organization of Brewton-Parker College
- Verification of service in a church-related vocation or Christian ministry must be sent to the Georgia Baptist Convention each year for three years after the completion of formal education. If this requirement is not met, the recipient is to repay the Durward V. Cason, Jr. Memorial Fund at the rate of not less than $200 per year until all funds are repaid.
Fall semester - September 15
Spring semester - February 1
The amount of the scholarship is determined by the Executive Director of the Georgia Baptist Convention based on available funds. If the scholarship is granted the funds will be sent to BPC for credit to the recipient's account.
Contact the Financial Aid Office for the application.